Point No Point Lighthouse
9005 Point No Point Road NE, Hanesville WA
About Point No Point Lighthouse
The oldest lighthouse on the Puget Sound, Point No Point Lighthouse on the Kitsap Peninsula has been in continuous operation since 1879. Even its fourth-order Fresnel lens had a longer life than most, shining until 2006, when it was replaced with a modern beacon by the U.S. Coast Guard.
In 2009, the Coast Guard, owner of the lighthouse, handed its care to Kitsap County. The National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express provided a fund to rehabilitate the oil house, install new shingles around the base of the lantern room, hang a new front door, improve electrical lines, replace the lantern room glass, and refresh exterior walls. And the work continues.
Proceeds from the sale of Washington Lighthouse license plates have helped keep Point No Point Lighthouse shining with the following restoration projects:
- 2011 – Stabilize leaking roof, $5,500
- 2012 – Lantern room door hardware, $450
- 2013 – Lighthouse keepers dwelling project, $5,860
- 2014 – Restoration of 8 lighthouse windows to original state, $4,760